Monday, April 19, 2010

CELEBRATE! Easter, Birthdays, Family! and... Home.











There is nothing more important to me than my family. I feel so blessed to have such sweet kids in my home. In March we celebrated Liz's birthday, Ava's 3rd birthday, Paris & Preston's 5th birthdays, and we welcomed Spring with tulips and spring skiing! Ava's little party was cute- and her joy and glee unrestrained about her pink balloons, presents, and cake. I can't believe she is 3 already- where is the time going? Grandpa and Grandma got her a new pink bike- she loves it! And Grandpa & Grandma Rasmussen got her a book that has their voices reading the story to her- very special. Aunt Liz and Parker got her an adorable swimsuit-Thanks everyone!



We went to Boondocks on Paris & Preston's Birthday. We had a great time with Liz, Jackson, Chloe, Ella and Preston's friend Caden. Grandpa & Grandma Kemp came at the end. Then we opened presents at home. I loved giving Paris a new bike- she had been riding a junker I got off KSL for 10 bucks for the past year. We gave Preston a tennis racket with lessons. It was a fun day! Thanks to all for the nice gifts!


We spent Easter up in Idaho with my mom and dad and Liz and Parker. The kids had a great time coloring eggs, finding eggs, playing together- it was exciting! I was worn out afterwards. I have a tough time dealing with all the work of vacation with the kids... is it worth it? Sometimes I feel like it would be more enjoyable to stay home. I love being home. At home, I have a routine and a system, and some predictablity to my crazy life with 5 young children. I love my life, but take me out of my happy zone, and things get really rough for me.... :)

2 comments:

Justin and JoLyn said...

Such a beautiful family! Where did you get those cool candles!? I agree with you... Traveling is so hard. Hotel rooms with all of the kids is an absolute nightmare. I choose staying home any day! Hope you're doing well.

Norris Family said...

Wow, I cant believe the twins are already five. Your not kidding where does the time go? It seems not to long ago you were living in AZ and they were born and we went to see them in your apartment.
They are all growing up so beautifully. We need to get together sometime soon.