Friday, November 5, 2010

A borrowed thought... What NOT to do as a parent...

Yeah- as you'll probably notice, I only have photos posted of 2 of my 5 children- OOPS! AAAHHH! So- here's my list of this week's total blunders as a mom of 5:

10-Don't take a 2 and 3 year old to a neighborhood spook ally, put on by the teenagers! It took us 3 days to recover!

9- Do not let your kids find the 20 pound bucket of Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters.

8- Do not take a 3 year old little girl or boy to the Halloween Costume store- traumatized is all I can say!

7- Do not dress up so well that your 2 year old doesn't even recognize you.

6- Do not miss the annual Halloween parade.

5- Do not give 5 kids actual knives and let them go at the pumpkin carving as an unsupervised activity!

4- Do not think getting 5 kids and yourself ready for Halloween will only take 2 hours... try 4~!

3- Do not throw a MAJOR Halloween adult party. OK- DO! I can't lie- it was a blast!

2- DO NOT FORGET WHICH DAY TO SEND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL IN COSTUME....

1- DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE PHOTOS OF ALL 5 KIDS IN THEIR COSTUMES!!!!!

I'd like to think I'm a good mom- most days... :)

3 comments:

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

You are a good mom. Seeing the pictures of your family made me miss you guys. THis is what I thought when I saw all 5 kids sitting on your front door..."they will look back and remember what a great time they had. They are so lucky to have such a great mom and dad. They looked so cute sitting there, paje holding ava, jack just hanging out in the middle, preston cheesing it, paris making a spooky face..." Anyway, i loved it. Your kids seem like such fun ages. HOw blessed and great.

Lovable Lies Family said...

Whatever, you are a great mom! I loved your kids costumes, but I want to see yours!!! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

sarah said...

Technically only Jack had to recover from the spook alley. Ava keeps telling me how much she loved it and was the leader of the group. And I'm sure you used those safety knives I gave you guys for some of the pumpkin carving. My family always uses ours (and sometimes fight over who is using it next).